Changing Computers with 3.7
Email us when this is done
so we can delete your old computer and set the rate code, if it still applies.
Backup your database. Do SendDB for insurance.
1. Close BookTrakker. You cannot backup an open program.
2. Doubleclick Backup BTPro on your desktop. (Red icon with a CD)
3. Wait for database to be compacted.
4. Set data path to where you want the Backup to go. Backup to something external to your computer, such as a USB drive or flash card. Do not Backup to a CD.
5. Click OK
6. Backup will zip up the databases and Backup to the destination you set it to. Wait for the process to finish. Click OK.
On the new computer you need to install App Manager via http://www.booktrakker.net/GetAppManager.aspx
Instructions for App Manager, BookTrakker and Apps: http://www.booktrakker.com/WebsiteApp_Manager_Instructions.htm
If you get Error 339 or other errors then read this: http://www.booktrakker.com/BTPro_V36/36installation_fix.htm
For existing subscribers you can ignore steps 1 to 7 and 21 to 24.
After registration and installation run BookTrakker.
Close BookTrakker and restore your data:
1. Close BookTrakker. You cannot Restore to an open program.
2. Doubleclick Restore on your desktop. Looks like an open book.
3. Do Restore All. DO NOT click Restore From Last Backup File!
4. Click OK.
5. Find the folder or drive that has the Backup file you want to Restore. The folder or drive will be in the left frame, contents on the right. Backup files are always named BT_37_Data_MMDDYYHHMMSSEmail.zip with the double letters representing:
First six letters:
MM Month, two digits. 07, 12
DD Day, two digits. 02, 13
YY Year, two digits. 05, 99
Second six letters:
HH Hour. 24 hour clock. 05, 14
MM Minute. 05, 37
Second. 05, 37.
6. Find the Backup file in the right window that corresponds to the Backup file you want to Restore from.
7. Select it. Click OK. Wait for the process to finish. Click OK.
Email us when this is done so we can delete your old computer and set the rate code, if it still applies.